I try not to dwell on the negativity. But in short…
– My flight to BOS was delayed last night to the point that I would miss my AA flight to SFO.
– I called AA to reschedule. They said, tough. No new ticket for you.
– I got Cape Air, my carrier from LEB to BOS, to call. They got AA to reschedule me on an 0900 flight this am.
– This am, I caught the 0530 Cape Air from LEB to BOS.
– I get in line at AA. The kiosk doesn’t know about my ticket. The helpful drone sez, oh, you missed your flight last night. No ticket for you! Buy a new one!
– I stand in line for an hour. I stew.
– The line lasts an hour because only three of the 25 or so desks are manned. Humanned, I guess. Only three, anyway, despite the hundreds of people in line.
– While I wait, AA employees bring numerous people past the front of the line, directly to one of the three desks. It apparently helps to be handicapped or spanish speaking. I am neither.
– I finally get to the front of the line. The human eyes me as though I am shoe-bourne fecal matter.
– While the AA human decides how to dispose of me, another AA human (not helping customers, merely acting in a greek chorus role from behind the desk) remarks that I managed to make it to the front of the line only two minutes before my flight would be closed. People should start earlier. People are slackers.
– After some time, the human decides that perhaps they will let me on the flight. Maybe I should pay for a new ticket, though. Maybe I should just pay for the change.
– After another minute or so, the AA human smiles and states that they will carry me on the flight for free! Hooray! Aren’t we wonderful!?! But its supervisor must agree.
– After some time, the supervisor saunters by. Oh, you missed your flight yesterday. Oh.
– Not my fault, I say. BOS closed two of the tree runways and as a result my inbound flight was delayed for an hour and a half.
– Oh. But. You. Missed. Your. Flight. Yesterday.
– I apologize for being the piece of fecal matter that they already realize I am.
– Hooray! We will carry you for free! Yea! Good hoop jumping, little bug! We’re awesome!
Um, just in case I was unsure of your identity, the comment on this post certainly clears that up, lol.
Didn’t you know airline philosophy is, “We save your ass, not serve it”??
Anyway, other than the travel misadventures, I hope all is well with you and yours.